The program has not started yet but will begin on Monday, June 22, 2015.
"Fizz, Boom, Read!"
at the Reuben Hoar Library
Have fun reading, then…
Some Rules to Remember:
- Use the "Add/View Log" Button to enter number of minutes read
- After completing 5 hours, you will receive a prize and a raffle ticket. (You can do this after 5, 10, 15 and 30 hours.)
- On June 30th - Start recording your reading and listening minutes for the Summer Reading program
- Don’t forget to count audio books in your summer reading!
- To receive a prize, you must enter your reading time into the system, and you will be notified when eligible
- The last day of the program is August 23rd - all prizes must be claimed by 4:00 p.m. on that day
Summer Raffle Information
We will be raffling off big prizes in our SRP Drawing at the end of the program. (You will be notified by phone on or around August 25th
if you have won a prize after the drawing on August 23rd Receive one Raffle ticket after 5, 10, and 15 hours of reading.
Complete all 15 hours of reading, & you will receive 1 raffle ticket for each additional hour of reading.
If you travel somewhere this summer, send a postcard to the RHL Children’s Room and pick up a raffle ticket when you come in. We are trying to get a postcard from all 50 states in the USA!
To earn up to seven extra raffle tickets, you can do some “Fizz, Boom, Read” activities as listed on the "Add / View Log" page. When you complete each one, show the librarians in the Children’s Room and you will receive a raffle ticket for that activity.
There will be weekly drawings for special items. To participate, come into the Children’s Room and complete an activity page for one entry per week.